Folks, Rhino has finally released info on the upcoming set of MST3K episodes, scheduled for release on May 15. So you can stop holding your breath and start complaining about the episode lineup. Here it is, ladies and gents:
- 206 The Ring of Terror (with The Phantom Creeps, Pt. 3)
- 409 The Indestructible Man (with Undersea Kingdom Pt. 2)
- 414 Tormented
- 1011 Horrors of Spider Island
Not the most exciting lineup, admittedly. Tormented is, however, a classic and Ring of Terror has been a long-awaited release candidate, but Horrors and Indestructible Man leave a little to be desired. And no CC-era Mike episode, so I’m a little put out, personally. But wait! There’s more! This set gets a heaping helping of extras:
- MST3K Video Jukebox, Volume 2
- Original Theatrical Trailers (for all except Ring of Terror)
- A Tormented Reunion (with Bert I. Gordon, Susan Gordon and Joe Turkel)
- MST Hour “Jack Perkins” Wraps for Tormented
Well, I’m simply tickled to see an MST Hour Jack Perkins extra, even if it is miniscule. That, to me, is a good DVD extra. The theatrical trailers are a bit of a let-down, as they really add nothing (and you don’t count, stuffy film buffs!). The Tormented reunion is a great concept and could lead to some great extras on subsequent releases. And with Bert I., no less! Also, I now have to assume that the “video jukebox” on Volume 10 was not the cause of the set’s discontinuation, since they’re going for it again.
It’s good to finally get the announcement. Not a thrilling set… but at least we have one.